@Component annotation is used in Spring Boot to mark a class as a Spring-managed component. If the annotation is not working in your Spring Boot application, there could be several reasons for this:
@ComponentScanannotation: Spring Boot uses component scanning to automatically discover and register beans in the application context. If the
@ComponentScanannotation is missing or incorrectly configured in your application, Spring Boot will not be able to discover your
@Componentannotated classes. You can add the
@ComponentScanannotation to your Spring Boot application’s main class to specify the packages to scan for components.
- Incorrect package structure: Spring Boot expects components to be located in specific packages. By default, Spring Boot looks for components in the package that contains the main application class and its sub-packages. Make sure that your
@Componentannotated class is located in a package that is being scanned by Spring Boot.
- Missing dependency: If your
@Componentannotated class has dependencies that are not available in the application context, Spring Boot will not be able to instantiate the component. Make sure that all required dependencies are properly configured and added to the application context.
- Duplicate component names: If you have multiple components with the same name, Spring Boot will not be able to determine which one to use. Make sure that each component has a unique name.
- Configuration issues: There could be configuration issues in your Spring Boot application that are preventing the
@Componentannotation from working correctly. Check your application’s configuration files to ensure that everything is configured correctly.
If none of the above solutions work, try providing more details about your specific issue in comment section, including error messages or stack traces, so that the problem can be diagnosed more accurately.
That’s all about @component not working in Spring Boot.
See @Component docs.
You may like other related examples.
- @RestController and @Controller annotation example in Spring Boot.
- @RequestMapping annotation example In Spring Boot.
- @RequestBody and @ResponseBody annotation example in Spring Boot.
- @PathVariable and @RequestParam annotations in Spring Boot.
- @RequestHeader annotation example by using Spring Boot.
- @SpringBootApplication annotation example in Spring Boot.
- @Configuration annotation example using spring boot.
- @ComponentScan example in spring boot.